GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, formerly known as AustraLearn, offers study abroad and degree programs at the University of Tasmania.
The University of Tasmania (UTAS), founded in 1890, is Australia’s fourth oldest university. It is consistently ranked among Australia’s top universities for both teaching and research.
UTAS is located on the scenic island state of Tasmania, just a short flight from the Australian mainland. Tasmania has a pleasant climate and stunning natural scenery, making it a perfect destination for outdoor recreation. Cities are big enough to offer a great choice of restaurants, entertainment and services, while still providing a reassuring sense of community and easy access to infrastructure.
The University has a total student population of 27,000, including 3,300 international students studying at the University’s two main campuses, at Hobart in the south and Launceston in the north.
Reasons to study at UTAS include:
• Prestige and tradition – the University is one of the oldest in Australia and enjoys an impressive record of teaching and research excellence (ranked in Australia’s top ten universities in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2012).
• Scholarships – a very generous scholarship program for international students includes the Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS) which offers a 25% reduction in tuition fees for Foundation Studies and most undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees.
• Internationally respected – an Australian university education is well regarded throughout the world and UTAS offers a wide range of sought after programs, qualifications and practical experience to equip graduates for the global workplace.
• Focus on the individual – easy access to academic and other staff means students are well supported throughout their studies. Comprehensive academic and recreational campus services also ensure that students get the most out of their study and time in Tasmania.
• Value – affordable tuition fees and lower living costs in Tasmania than most other study destinations in Australia, means a more economic and enjoyable student experience. Living costs vary with your lifestyle, but as a guide it is estimated that you will need between $AUD12,000 and $AUD17,000 per academic year.
• Lifestyle – Tasmania is an easy and safe place to live and is a popular destination for holidays due to its natural beauty and exciting arts and food scene. Leading travel guide The Lonely Planet lists Tasmania’s capital city Hobart in the top ten cities in the world to visit in 2013.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
Semester or Year Abroad at University of Tasmania