Challenge New Zealand - Leadership Development is a two-week short course emphasizing leadership, personal development, and team building. The course travels throughout the North Island of New Zealand, which is widely known as on the of the most innovative, culturally-diverse, and beautiful countries in the world.
The Challenge New Zealand study abroad course includes group activities, service learning, cultural examination, discussions with community and business leaders, and a five-day program of outdoor, physical challenges. As a result of these experiences, you will gain the ability to:
- Develop your own individual Leadership Mission through a critical examination of personal values, interests, goals and role models
- Identify your personal leadership style and utilize it effectively
- Recognize and embrace the value of leadership styles different than your own
- Appreciate the value of service as an integral element of successful leadership
- Contribute effectively in group decision-making
- Gain decision-making abilities and self confidence critical to effective leadership
- Become empowered to act as a leader within your community or workplace
- Understand the importance of leadership on a global scale, and the role of the U.S. within that global community
A highlight of the course includes a five-day outdoor experience in the central North Island. Students will work together in groups, through challenging and fun outdoor adventure programs that may include ropes courses, hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, water activities, mountaineering and an overnight camp-out.
Challenge New Zealand - Leadership Development is available as a January-term study abroad program.
(You will be redirected to the complete program profile.)