Eligibility for GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Scholarships
- Must be enrolled at a U.S. or Canadian college or university
- Acceptance into a GlobaLinks Learning Abroad summer program
- Completion of scholarship application and materials
- Scholarship application form
- Financial need declaration/statement
- Statement of extracurricular activities, vocational plans
- Essay describing how you selected your overseas university and how the experience will impact your future career.
- Minimum GPA of a 2.5/4.0
Scholarship Application Process
Scholarship applications are distributed ONLY to students who have been ACCEPTED to participate in one of the university-sponsored scholarship summer programs. Applications are not available to inquiries and students cannot apply for awards prior to being accepted to the program.
The general scholarship application requires the following to be considered:
- 1 page maximum: Description of financial need
- ½ page maximum: Description of extracurricular activities, volunteer work and educational and career plans
- 1 page maximum: Essay describing the reasons for choosing Australia or New Zealand, your host university and how the experience will impact your career.
- Your GPA must be at least 2.5 for consideration in the general scholarship pool.
Deadline for Applying for GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Scholarships
Summer programs which begin in June and July: April 30th
Eligibility and Selection
The scholarship committee reserves the right to review participant’s enrollment file for further information including, but not limited to, official transcripts, recommendation forms, personal essays and communication with study abroad/faculty officials at the home campus. Students must have been accepted into the summer program and paid a deposit by the requested deadlines to be eligible for all scholarships. The committee reserves the right to finalize all decisions without recourse. Student names are not submitted as part of the review process. Committee meetings for scholarship selection varies each term and GlobaLinks Learning Abroad cannot guarantee the date at which students will be notified.
Disbursement of Monies
We will disburse all GlobaLinks Learning Abroad-sponsored scholarships and all university-sponsored scholarships to the student’s account in the billing office. Cash disbursements will not be made under any circumstances until the summer program account is paid in full resulting in a credit balance. Restrictions apply.
Recipient Responsibility and Honor
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad takes great pride in being able to offer such extensive scholarship assistance to its participants. Scholarship recipients, no matter the dollar figure awarded, are expected to remain in good academic standing during their study abroad program and to respect the laws and rules of the host country and host university. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the retraction of the scholarship award by GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. Scholarship recipients may also be requested to complete an additional essay or communication with the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad office upon completion of their program or prepare a presentation at their home campus about their experience.