GlobaLinks Learning Abroad offers unpaid international internships for academic credit in every field of study and gives 24/7 on-site support including a group orientation upon arrival in country. We custom build internships to meet students’ needs and provide essential support services to ensure a great internship abroad experience.
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad internships are available:
- in every field of study
- for varying lengths in order to accommodate different majors and student with different internship requirements
- in Australia; New Zealand; Hong Kong; Shanghai, China; Valencia, Spain; Santiago, Chile; Singapore; and London, England
- in English so that even in a foreign language destination, language is not an obstacle to a great internship placement
More than just a Placement
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad internships are not like other internship programs. Working with us means that you get much more than just a placement, as we are the only internship program that gives you the Global Career-Building Experience.
The Global Career-Building Experience includes:
High-Quality Internship Placement
Your placement will be much more than just menial tasks or a “shadow” opportunity. You will receive high-quality work experience that you can put on your resume to set you apart from other graduates.
Academic Credit Option
Through our school of record, Chapman University in Orange, California, you can receive academic credit for our 10 week pre-set programs (not available for our custom date internships or 6 week program). Our academic supervisor abroad will provide the assessment required for the academic credit and you can select to receive a letter grade or pass/fail.
Personalized Program Based on Your Goals
This is your internship program and our job is to make sure that it serves your goals and provides you with the experience you need to be successful in the future. During the application process we will counsel you on internship opportunities that match professional objectives. Your internship placement is selected based on your personal and professional goals. We have hundreds of placements world-wide which we utilize; however, if none of those placements will match your goals, we will find an internship placement which will. This customization ensures that you get the most out of the experience.
Resume and Cover Letter Advising
In order to ensure a successful application to one of our placements, we will provide you with advice and assistance with writing your resume and cover letter. Many students have found this service invaluable as they begin or continue with their job search.
24/7 Health and Safety
In-country staff is available 24/7 to assist you with any health and safety issue.
Excursions and Adventures
In-country staff also arranges activities for internship students during their time abroad. This begins with our Bridging Culture Program – a multi-day in-country orientation for participants prior to the start of their internship. The Bridging Cultures Orientation gives you a chance to meet other students also abroad during the same time period, includes some great excursions, and provides global workplace coaching to ensure student success.
Global Personal Brand Discovery and Toolbox:
Developing your personal brand is very important. Your personalized Global Personal Brand toolbox will help you begin to discover and create your brand message to others, including potential employers. You will be able to communicate the value you will offer and what differentiates you from other graduates. From the beginning of the program through to your return, we offer numerous resources for you to begin to develop your personal brand and intertwine aspects of your international internship experience. Your toolbox includes:
- Workbook on Personal Branding – An easy step-by-step book that you can use for tangibles on building your brand
- Business/Networking Cards – Specially designed business/networking cards to take with you on the program to encourage networking
- Social Media Development – Resources or online workshop which focuses on LinkedIn account information and utilization
- Personal Brand Assessment – A pre-departure assessment on current brand strength
- Resume and Cover Letter Resources
Online Career Counseling Resources
All participants will have access to online resources for career development. These include:
- Career Spots videos
- Post-experience career development webinars
- Resume and cover letter resources
In addition, the following items are also included in your program fees:
- Academic credit (optional – additional fee applies)
- Multi-day Bridging Cultures Program orientation (not included in Custom Date Internships)
- Guaranteed Housing – typically in a shared apartment, dorm, youth hostel, or homestay
- Health insurance
- 24/7 onsite support
- Pre-departure services including assistance with immigration visas, airline tickets, orientation,
- Flight advice and booking options
- Cell phone or sim card (minutes purchased at an additional cost)
- Pre-paid public transport card (in Shanghai and Hong Kong only – in Australia, New Zealand, Spain, and Chile this is an additional fee for the participant)
- Option to add Mandarin lessons in Shanghai or Spanish lessons in Spain and Chile (for additional fee)
Note that all internships are unpaid.