5 Great Reasons to Study in Australia
- Australia is a big place full of opportunities for adventure. The diversity of activities in Australia is matched only by the diversity of its natural wonders and sophisticated cities.
- Australia is closer than you think. Did you know that flying from Los Angeles to Sydney takes exactly the same amount of time as flying from Los Angeles to Rome?
- The Aboriginal culture is one of the oldest on Earth, leading to its mystique and uniqueness.
- No matter what the time of year, somewhere in Australia the weather is warm and wonderful. The seasons are reversed so when it is winter in North America, it is summer in Australia.
- Everyone speaks English, so you will feel right at home and easily mix in with the locals.
Known to many as the "Land Down Under", Australia's biggest attraction is its natural beauty. The sixth largest country in the world, Australia is nearly the same size as the continental United States and home to 21 million people. Australia is well known for its varied landscapes from the red deserts of the Outback to the white sand beaches that surround nearly the entire continent. Just off the Queensland Coast visitors will find the largest coral reef system on Earth, the Great Barrier Reef, which stretches more than 1,600 miles (2,600 km).
Despite all of Australia's amazing physical features the real beauty of the country can be found in each of its amazing residents. The Australian people are arguably some of the friendliest people on Earth. With their undeniable love of sport and laid-back "Give it a Go!" attitude, the Australian people are what really give this remarkable country it's reputation as a must see destination.
Learn more about Australia: