GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, formerly known as AustraLearn, offers study abroad and degree programs at the University of Tasmania.
The University of Tasmania (UTAS), founded in 1890, is one of Australia’s oldest and most distinguished universities. It is consistently ranked among Australia’s top universities for both teaching and research.
UTAS is located on the scenic island state of Tasmania, just a short flight from the Australian mainland. Tasmania has a Mediterranean climate and stunning natural scenery, making it a perfect destination for outdoor recreation. Cities are big enough to offer a great choice of restaurants, entertainment and services, while still providing a reassuring sense of community and easy access to infrastructure.
Of a total student population of more than 26,000, there are currently around 3,000 international students studying at the University’s two main campuses, at Hobart in the south and Launceston in the north.
The Tasmanian International Scholarship Scheme is one of the most generous in Australia. There are an unlimited number of scholarships for most programs, providing a 25% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of a course (Foundation Studies and most Undergraduate and Master-by-Coursework degrees). Eligibility is based on prior academic achievement and all course applicants are automatically considered for a scholarship.
Living in Tasmania
Tasmania’s cities enjoy lower living costs than most of the other popular study destinations in Australia. Costs vary with your lifestyle, but as a guide, it is estimated that you will need between $AUD12,000 and $AUD15,000 per academic year to cover your living costs.
Reasons for choosing UTAS
- Prestige - one of the oldest universities in Australia.
- Tradition - respected research record, consistently ranked among top ten universities in Australia for receipt of Australian Research Council Grants.
- Support – Dedicated international student support staff provide services such as transition support and career and academic advice. Small class sizes and individualised attention with easy access to academic and administrative staff. Free airport pickup on first arrival.
- Value –affordable tuition fees and lower cost of living compared to most other study destinations in Australia.
- Lifestyle - Tasmania is one of Australia’s most popular destinations for holidays and offers a unique and affordable environment for living and studying. There are a wide range of student recreational and social clubs.
- Convenience - most students can walk to campus from their accommodation; lecturers and tutors can be consulted without difficulty; computers are accessible 24 hours a day.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
Semester or Year Abroad at University of Tasmania
Degree Programs at University of Tasmania